Thursday, June 10, 2010

New School to New School and Back to Old School

by ML

6th grade:
In sixth grade I was new to Claremont Middle School. I was nervous and excited at the same time. I didn’t know anybody but my sister Akilah and my neighbor Dequan. I had Ms. Baxter’s math class. We all had to introduce each other and say something about ourselves. Akilah and I were best friends, and then we met a new girl Malieya. We had all the same classes and the same lunch. That year, sixth graders had lunch before the seventh and eighth graders. I was not used to having different classes every period, so sometimes I would get lost. The hallways were so crowded and everyone pushed and shoved each other to get through the hallways, I felt like a pigeon between two crows. I felt like I didn’t matter because the school was so big and everyone just walked past me without acknowledging me. I’m so glad I got through that year.

7th grade:
In the seventh grade I transferred schools. My mom didn’t really like Claremont so she put me in California College Preparatory Academy, also known as Cal Prep. At first I thought it was a school for smart people, but when I got there my thoughts changed. The only thing I was not used to was the uniforms. We had to wear khaki pants and a white collared shirt. I made new friends on the first day. A couple of girls didn’t like me and they didn’t tell me why. I wasn’t going to waste my time worrying about them because they didn’t matter to me. Throughout the year I had been through bad friends and true friends. And I’m glad I had the chance to experience that.

8th grade:
In my eighth grade year I went back to Claremont. I know what you’re thinking, “Why did she switch schools, then go back to Claremont?” Well, that’s the same thing I was thinking. My mom thought it was a good idea for me to leave Cal Prep because there was so much drama. When I came back I saw that a lot of people from my old school went there. I had some of the same friends and I had some new ones. One of my best friends was Aujanee. We were somewhat close and we could tell each other everything. She was one of the only true friends that I had. But now it’s the end of the year, and I’m not really worrying about any friends because I am focusing on my schoolwork. I had some crazy experiences at both of my schools but it was all worth it. I met good friends and bad friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great job monae i liked the part where the girls didnt like u and u was like what ever i dont care