Thursday, June 10, 2010

Money My Motive

by WY

One day I was in my room thinking of a way to make some money to buy some red and black Nike Jordans, because my parents were upset with me and wouldn’t buy them. I called my friend, who had the same problem as me. We were talking and thinking of a way to make some money on our own. My friend kept on telling me that the only way we could make some money without breaking the law was to have a job. I said that we were too young to have a job, but he told me that he knew somebody that would offer us something to do so we could make some money. I asked him if it was for illegal things, and he told me no, so I was like, "All right, man, let's do this."

The man that was about to offer the job came to talk to us and he was he was like, “Are you sure y'all can work hard and fast?" I was like, “Man, I'd do anything for some money right now, because I really want those black and red Jordans. Most of my friends already have them." Then he started laughing at me, but I was really serious about it, because I didn’t want to be the only one around my friends without those Jordans.

A week later we met with the man again and started talking about what we (My friend and I) should do to have the job. He told us that we should talk to our parents first. I already knew it wasn't a problem with my parents, but I didn't know about my friend. He gave us a form that we could bring home to let our parents know that we would be working with him for the next three days. When I got home I showed my Dad the form, and he was like, “Mmm, okay, if you really can do it then you have my permission." My friend had a little trouble convincing his parents, but he did, so we were ready for the man to call so we could start the job.

The man called and said that he changed his plans and we had to finish the job in two days instead of three, because he would be out of town for a couple weeks. The first day we started the job my friend and I were really nervous. The job he gave us was to clean up his garage and put the trash outside. We started cleaning the garage by putting all the stuff that he didn't want anymore in the backyard. We had to take a break every 30 minutes, because we were getting tired and thirsty, but that didn't stop us from getting the work done the first day.

The next day we started working on the stuff that he wanted to keep. We had to put them in the house and make sure they were in the right places. I was working faster than my friend because he was a little younger than me, and he kept stopping all the time to start talking or eat snacks. When we were almost done, the man came and he was watching us finish the work. When we got done cleaning the garage and putting all the unwanted stuff outside, the man gave us 200 dollars each.

I was really happy that I would be able to use my job money to buy my new red and black Jordans that I always wanted, since my parents didn't want to buy them for me. The first day I wore them to school was one of my middle school days when I was really happy.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was good, nice metaphors. Alex k

Anonymous said...

It was a good story - Alex K

BCK said...

Ja det var jättebra! Jag gillade det mycket.

Anonymous said...

It was Great.

alyshar said...

no wonder you LOVE money [$$$]

selebo said...

a nice story bruh lol

Anonymous said...

money money monaaaaaaaaaa

Anonymous said...

good story

Anonymous said...

i love the title

Anonymous said...

Great story--thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

You told a good story in a small amount of time and kept the reader interested.