Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Best Friend

by MK

WOW! Today is a wonderful day. Our school just got out for New Years break. Right now I’m so excited I really don’t know what to say. I can’t wait to get out to the open air so I can have so much fun. Everything is so exciting, I can’t even stop smiling.

The next day, I called my best friend and asked her if she wanted to hang out. She said she couldn’t wait. She’d been bored ever since she got home from school the day before. Darlisha asked me if I would like to go to the movies on Sunday. I replied by saying I’d have to ask my mom before I said yes. Sometimes she could be a little strict. So, later on that day Darlisha and I went to the store by my grandmother’s house. She bought herself a soda and some chips. I bought just a soda, because I ate before I saw her. After we left the store, I saw another friend that went to my school. Her name was Jasmine Williams. Everybody thought she was the most popular girl in the school, but she didn’t act like that when she was around us. She asked us where we were going. I told her we were just walking around. She asked us if she could come with us. I said it was cool with me, and Darlisha agreed. Later on that day, we got to Emeryville Theater. We were planning to see The Nightmare on Elm Street, but we changed our minds.

Next we looked at all the other movies that were playing. We saw the movies The Backup Plan, The Nightmare on Elm Street, Kickass, Just Wright, and Why Did I Get Married Too? We decided to go see Just Wright because it seemed like the perfect movie to watch at that time of night. So we watched the movie and it ended at 10:00, but we didn’t have to be at home till midnight. So we walked to Baskin Robbins to get some ice cream. I was really surprised that it was still open. We walked inside and we were the first people in line, because nobody else wanted to be getting ice cream at that time of night. We all ordered a large. I ordered Rainbow Sherbet, and it was so good. Jasmine ordered the same thing, because it is her favorite and mine too. Darlisha ordered the Wild n’ Berry because she just likes the flavor. We all walked out of the store eating the ice cream. When we got out, I called my mom to come and get us. She said that she was around the corner. Then we had a sleepover at my house. The next day we woke up and I asked them what they wanted to eat. I decided to cook for them that morning. So they told me that they wanted eggs and bacon with a side croissant.

So we all got dressed and discussed what we were going to do that day. We decided that we would just walk around town. So I went to get my money, when I realized that someone had stolen it. I was so sad I didn’t know what to do. I asked Jasmine if she took it, and she said no, she would never steal from me. Next I asked Darlisha if she took it. She just said no. So I told my mom what happened, and she said, “That’s so sad that someone would steal your money.”

So my friends and I continued with our day. We went to the store down the street from my house. The night before, after we had gotten the ice cream, Darlisha didn’t have any more money left. I knew that, because she had told me. But while Jasmine was buying some candy, Darlisha grabbed some candy, too. Jasmine told her that she didn’t have enough money to buy us anything, so she would share what she was buying. Jasmine and I walked out of the store, and then said to each other, “Where’s Darlisha?” Then we saw Darlisha walk outside with a Pepsi in her hand. We both asked her how she paid for that soda, because we thought she didn’t have any money left. She said she didn’t. I thought to myself, OMG!!! You stole my money. So I told my mom what happened and who stole my money. My mom said, “She’s not allowed over here anymore.” Jasmine went home, because she always cries when I get mad.

Two weeks after the incident, Darlisha was calling me all day long. I finally answered her call and she told me to come to the door. She gave me all my money back and apologized. I accepted her apology, but I told her she would have to earn my trust back. I never thought my best friend would steal from me.

No comments: