Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Birthday in 7th Grade

by AR

Have you ever gone out of the state? I have, and it was so much fun. I went to Seattle, Washington with my auntie over the summer. My birthday is in July. Last year I turned 14 years old, and that was the happiest day of my life at that moment.

First, when I woke up in the morning, I thought that no one had remembered my birthday. Then all of a sudden my aunt walked into the living room and shouted out, “Happy birthday, Sweetheart!” I was happy, but it felt awkward at first, with my aunt calling me sweetheart, but oh well.

Since I was in Seattle, I thought there would be no fun places, like Disneyland and Great America and stuff like that, but I was so wrong. There was this place called Sun Splash. My aunt treated me like an angel. I was so happy.

When I went to Sun Splash, it was awesome. I got on all of the water slides and the water rides. I never wanted to return back to Oakland; I wanted to live and work there forever.

No comments: