Monday, January 25, 2010

Loving, tasty, and relaxing

by AP

My winter break was loving, tasty, and relaxing. It was loving because I got to spend a lot of time with family and friends. It was tasty because I got to eat a lot of gumbo and a lot of other traditional holiday foods. It was relaxing because I got a lot of rest and pampering. I really enjoyed my winter break, it was fun!

Over my winter break, I got a chance to reconnect and bond with friends and family. On the first day of winter break, I stayed home with my mom. For the next few days, I spent it with three of my little cousins. For Christmas, me and my mom stayed at home and watched the "Yule Log" and bonded. For the last couple of days of break, my best friend, my cousin and I, spent those days shopping at the Serramonte Mall and having a big New Years slumber party.

Over my winter vacation, I got to eat a lot of my favorite foods. They were tasty. I ate gumbo, greens, cornbread, and my favorite, smothered turkey wings.. I also ate my first cheesesteak. Although it wasn't the best, it still tasted good and I liked it very much.When I went over to my best friend's house, my best friend and I made apple turnovers from scratch. They came out so wonderful! They were so delicious, that everyone didn't even get a chance to try them.

Throughout all of the fun things over the winter break, I still got a lot of rest. I slept and slept, until I didn't want to sleep anymore. One time, I even woke up as late as three o'clock in the afternoon! I also got a lot of pampering. I got great facials, pedicures, manicures, massages and my hair done! It was so relaxing.

When I was on my winter break, it was amazing! I experienced and absolutely adored, new and old traditional holiday foods. I spent a lot of time with family and friends.. I shared many laughs and I got to relax at the same time. Now that you've read my essay, I hope this shows you just how much I love the holidays!!

No comments: