Monday, January 25, 2010

Cold

by The Hatter

My winter beak was cold. It was cold for three reasons, all of which are related to the locations at which I spent my vacation.

The first reason: I spent one week in Nice, France. Nice was windy and rainy most of the time, which was surprising as Nice is usually warm, even in the winter. But this year, it was freezing.

The second reason: I spent one week in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania. The entire East Coast was just recovering from a fearsome blizzard that lasted three days, but the weather was not going to let up anytime soon. It snowed and rained the entire time I was there, and the wind chill made the temperature seem like -50°F.

The third reason: I spent a lot of my time in airports and airplanes, travelling to and from places. They were all very cold, despite the common assumption that such people-plentiful places are hot and stuffy. Au contraire! As a matter of fact, I had to wear my heavy brown coat the whole time.

My winter break was very cold. Nice, Bala Cynwyd, and the airports and airplanes were all very cold. But it is winter, after all.

No comments: