Monday, January 25, 2010

Boring

by MG

My winter break was boring, all I did was stay in the house, complete some homework, sleep and eat. It was boring because I have been staying with my auntie in this boring town called Oakley. It’s boring to me because I don’t know anybody out there and I don’t go to school out here also.

The first week I did nothing but stayed in bed and watched movies and ate lots of candy. After that I would get up and play Band Hero on the Nintendo WII with my brother Issiah, sister Sierrah and Cousins Jaeda and Anthony.

On Christmas Eve my sister, brother and cousins went to midnight mass with our grandfather at St. Columbus Church. It is from 12:00am till 2:00am, and after church we always go to Denny’s to eat breakfast. It’s a family tradition that we have been doing since we stop believing in Santa Claus.

The next day was Christmas and I got to open my gifts. I received some pajamas, clothes, and what I really wanted a hot pink digital camera for Christmas. My granny cooked Gumbo with lots of shrimp and my favorite crab in it. My mom made her sweet potatoes, collard greens, and my aunt Kim made corn bread stuffing and the turkey. We had a good mean and I ate until I was stuffed.

Then I went back to boring old Oakley later that week. I spent New Year’s Eve with my family. It was my cousin Anthony’s birthday. I stayed home with my family; we ate finger foods and my mom always makes us special drinks. After eating I went to sleep, so I didn’t get to see the ball drop. My mother, auntie and brother did, sierrah also went to sleep. When I woke up my mom told me happy New Year and 2010 was here.

No comments: