Monday, June 1, 2009

Yosemite

by Lucky

It was 6:00am on a Sunday morning when I had to get out of my nice warm bed and get dressed and head off to the train station to leave for Yosemite. The train ride was long and some of us fell asleep. Little did I know the worst part was yet to come. After the train ride, we were on a bus for three more hours riding to Curry Village on a windy road. On the bus ride I talked to people I normally would not talk to. However, it was all worth it because when we got to Curry Village the fun began.

The first thing we did was take a walk around to better understand our new environment. This ended with a big snowball fight (FUN!), which we had to cooperate to win. Later we were told the rules of camp and the first one was no snowball fights (not fun). We were then split into three groups and met our group leaders. Mine was really boring and no fun.

The next day we were told the hiking schedule. Every day we hiked for four hours and got three hours of free time. We had a 10:00pm curfew. Each morning we had to wake up at 7:00am and eat breakfast, but the food there was not that good. I also woke up the other people of my group so we could get to breakfast in time. The hikes, however, were a pretty good workout.

The best part of the trip for me was when we got to look at the views from the top of the hills we were on. I also liked that we learned many games that tested our trust in one another and helped us cooperate as a team. We also learned games that were just plain fun. That one week in Yosemite taught me about my friends and how important it is to cooperate in order to complete a task. Going to Yosemite with my classmates will be something I’ll always remember.

7 comments:

kevin said...

you were lucky if you went to that trip, i couldn't go, and you were describing it like it wasn't that fun but at least you didn't worry bout school

~Dr3@M$~ said...

CHICKENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yosemite was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was hella fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We got to hang with frineds, go on hikes and everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YUP, cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Dr3@M$~ said...

Don't you agree????????????????????
That Yosemite was AWESOME?!?!?!?!?!

abraham said...

i hope you enjoyed it.

toe fetish said...

u made my smile bright and my pinkies tingle. u are a beautiful writer and u warm my heart. i hope to meet u one day.

PE09 said...

i remember dat dat was hecka fun

Araxi said...

This is a good essay, because it gives me an idea of how it was. :) good job!