Tuesday, June 2, 2009

:)Taking a stand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

by MS

My first time taking a stand towards a teacher was when I was in the seventh grade. I was taking a multimedia class at Glick Middle School and my teacher was out for the day. So the assistant, Matt, was in charge of all the news broadcasting that we did. I was done with my news broadcast so I started a new project and the sub got mad. I was trying to explain to her that I was finished with my work, but she kept talking over me. I needed to explain to her what was going on, but she kept talking on and running her mouth like she knew what I was about to say. She kept talking about things that didn't even have to do with me, like, “Why don’t you do what Matt’s doing instead of being obnoxious?”

So I told her, “You need to stop running your mouth at me like I am your child. Just because you’re a so-called teacher doesn't mean that you have to disrespect me and yell at me me over nothing. That wasn't even necessary!”

She got all quiet and wrote me a referral to the office, so I went with out with no problems. And the principal had to suspend me just because if you get into a conflict with a sub at school it’s an automatic suspension. But I took it without a problem.

When I got home, my grandmother was questioning me about what had happened. I was kind of scared at first cause I have never been suspended before, but I just sucked it up and told her everything that happened. My grandmother said, “As long as you did what you did because you thought it was right its okay. But if you know what you did was wrong, it’s not okay.”

I took that into consideration and thought about it all day. I wondered what would have happened if I didn’t do what I did. Ultimately, this incident taught me that some bad consequences are worth it if you really think what you were doing was right.

1 comment:

kevin said...

don't ever let a teacher mess up your game