Tuesday, June 2, 2009


by involuntary branslaughter

It was lunchtime and I went to get lunch. After I was done eating I went to the back of the school to play basketball with my friends. We were going to get a game to 32 points. We had teams of three. It was Josh, Jeremiah, and me vs. Cash, Lil Ron, and Kelman. We started playing and my team was winning. I was giving them very good passes and they were making the basket. I was happy because usually when I give my teammates good passes they always mess the passes up by not making the basket. Back to what I was saying. So when we started winning, Cash got mad and threw the ball all the way to the portables. I ran to go get it. Then I threw it back and ran full speed back to the courts. As I was running, I looked up and thought to myself, is this seagull going to booboo on me, or is it just flying?

Next thing I knew, I was lying on the blacktop. I don't really remember the details of who was there or what happened next. I guess my friends Josh and Kelman helped me up, and I could barely walk. Some people said I went head up with Cash and some people said I ran into a pole. I went to get my jacket so I could go to the office and call my dad. When I called my dad he answered and said, ''Hello,” of course, and then I said ''Dad, can you come pick me up? Because I knocked myself unconscious.” He said, ''What do you mean?'' I said, ''I can't remember anything.'' Then he said, ''I'm on my way.'' I sat and waited for him in the office. It took him about 15 minutes to get there. When I got in the car with him he asked me what had happened. I told him everything that happened as we went home.

This incident taught me a lot of things. It taught me stuff like not to run and look up at the same time because you can't see where you are going. It taught me to always pay attention while you're running because you never know what might happen next. This was the first time this had happened. I was really scared when I first woke up because I didn't know what was going to happen. What I thought was going to happen was, that I had to go to the hospital to get my brain scanned to see if I was going to need any surgery. But then everybody including my dad said I was going to be all right. Then I knew I was going to be okay.

I've changed a lot from this. I've changed by not running as much, and only running when I'm playing a basketball game with my AAU. I'm now only going to run with my team, because when we play basketball we play inside a gym, so it's safer. I have became a better friend, too, because when people are running I can warn them to slow down so they won't hurt themselves. My friends respect me and I respect them because we always look out for each other so we won't get hurt. To this day I always talk to my friends about this incident because I want everyone to know all the details of what happened to me.

No comments: