Monday, June 1, 2009

R.I.P. Mama

by ML

It all started in the 6th grade. My mom was in and out of the hospital and it made me sad. Every time I wanted to see her she was either in the hospital or going to the hospital. The hospital smelled like old dead people. I didn’t like going cause there were a lot of people in pain. Also I didn’t like going cause my mom was either in a coma or sleeping.

When my mom passed away and my grandma told me I cried for days and I wouldn’t leave the house. I was missing a lot of school and I tried to be a young man and not cry but when I went to the funeral it was so hard. My sister was crying a lot but when the funeral was over I got to go to some of my family members’ house. We ate and I got to see a lot of my family I have not seen in a while. I found out that I had a sister that had babies so that makes me a uncle. I wished I had been able to meet them without this sad occasion.

The one thing that changed my life was when my mom passed. When I got back to school for the seventh grade, it really affected me. People started playing the yo momma jokes with each other, but when they played them with me I ended up getting into fights cause I wasn’t playing that game. People were pushing my buttons cause they wanted to see a show. I ended up getting suspended a lot so I barely passed the 7th grade plus I didn’t have the grades.

Now that I’m in 8th grade, I really don’t trip what people say about my mom cause that is not true and they don’t know her or any thing about her either. I just ignore dumb people when they say something about my momma, and go about my day cause I don’t have time to sit there and fight over something that is so immature. Over the past three years, since my mom has passed, I have really matured. I’ve learned self-control, and I’ve realized that healing takes time. Even though I still miss my mom, and think about her every day, it’s getting easier for me to cope.

4 comments:

JASMINE said...

I AM VERY SORRY ABOUT YOUR MOM BUT I AM GLAD YOU GOT IT TOGETHER!!! =] KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!!!

Tasia C. said...

I absolutely love this story.It makes me think @bout the time when my grandma died.I'm so glad i still have my mom because i couldn't have made it without her.When i went 2 ma grandma funeral i cried so hard.I know how u feel @bout ur mom cause i feel the same way bout ma grandma.

LILDADDY K said...

AWW THiZ iZ S0 SAD
S0RRY YHU L0ST YHUR M0M
BUT THiZ iZ A GR3AT ST0RY

aijinae said...

awwww sorry about your mommy!!!!!