Monday, June 1, 2009

Science and Me

by yungzero27

When I first arrived at Claremont in the 8th grade I had no idea what I wanted to do for the future. I hated science and never thought I would want to be taking physics, but someone changed that. Ms. Cristancho changed all those thoughts. She made me love science; she made it something I wanted to look forward to everyday. She made the lessons fun and kept the warm-ups fresh out of her head. That’s what a good teacher does: makes the lesson fun and most of all, makes sure you learn. She changed my whole perspective on science. I never would have dreamed of liking science. Science is now my favorite subject and something that I not only do at school, but at home. Everything, from the moment I wake up to the moment I fall asleep, is science!!

Now, for my future, I want to work in some field of science. Maybe I’ll become a doctor or a biologist. I love science more than I love any other subject in the world. I don’t know what I would do if science didn’t exist. I think Ms. Cristancho positively influenced me in the right direction. I never got anything lower than an A in science and I hope my high school teachers will look at that and place me in an advanced science class. I think everything from cells to atoms is cool, and I want to study more about it. Science is what keeps me living (literally).

I think if I had gone to another middle school I would not have had the same experienced with science as I did at Claremont with ms. Cristancho. I think science is amazing, and if you are willing to let it, it can change you. Who doesn’t want to learn about sound, molecules, light, and fire? I think one of the reasons I like science is because it helps you figure out how stuff works. It makes your imagination expand. Science has really changed me because now when I look at something or explain something there is always a scientific reason behind it. Ms. Cristancho has really changed my life with her stories and because of her, I’m happy that I came to this school.

6 comments:

kevin said...

so science was the best and strongest thing you have,and no two schools teach the same

Araxi said...

That's great! It's good to hear that someone actually enjoys classes.

Anonymous said...

OH im a teacher at a middleschool and to hear this makes me feel happy.

brad said...

this is awesome

ricky said...

i love science so much i want to become a scientist.

rebekah said...

ms.thaler's classes were so much fun. her classes were great.

the that we played were great and fun.

ms. thaler is a great teacher.