Monday, June 1, 2009

My Family Picnic

by KP

Last year my family threw a picnic party in the hills. Everybody was listening to R&B music, eating BBQ, and having a good time. My uncle Damon was asking all the teenagers if they wanted to walk through the hills. He finally got all of us to go and we all walked far away from the family picnic. We didn’t tell our mommas that we were leaving so they didn’t know where we had gone.

It was so hot and I couldn’t really breathe. We didn’t bring any water or any food. We were walking on rocks and some people fell and if you would fall everybody would laugh at you. We started walking through these trees and it looked like something knocked the trees over because they were just lying on the ground. There were sticks and dirt everywhere, so you had to watch your step.

We all kept walking to this desert part of the hills and we had to walk down a steep rock and my cousin fell down the rock but she caught herself. Everybody was laughing but she was okay. I told my uncle it was getting dark and we needed to head back to the picnic. Everyone started walking back but we couldn’t find the picnic so we all were lost. I was so scared because it started to get pitch black and I couldn’t really see that well. I heard there were mountain lions in the hills. We heard a helicopter above our heads but they couldn’t see us.

After about an hour and a half we finally made it back to the picnic, only to find the police waiting for us. My auntie cussed all of us out, saying something could have happened to us because there are mountain lions and all types of animals out there. My momma said a helicopter was looking for us and I told her we saw it but it didn’t see us. I learned never to walk through the hills without water or food.

4 comments:

Sara said...

What a dramatic experience! I'm glad you were ok. :)

kevin said...

sometimes you'll get cussed out when you did something wrong but they were just worried bout what happen,dont worry brah

Anonymous said...

this is cool

Anonymous said...

hey kemonni girl you who this is i loved your storie really exciting and full of fun..........