Monday, June 1, 2009

Transferred to a New School

I was never interested in changing schools. I already had a lot of friends at the school I went to, and I liked being with those friends. But the middle school I went to was getting shut down, so I decided to go to Claremont. It was the best decision I’ve ever made.

I will never forget my first day of school. I had to stay in the office all day. Finally during 5th and 6th period I got to go to my classes and saw my best friend. Then I saw another friend I had known ever since kindergarten, but she wasn’t really talking to me. She remembered me but she was acting hecka fake. That day I wasn’t really talking because I was very shy.

Many times during those first weeks of school I got into arguments, and didn’t listen to teachers to try to fit in. That wasn’t the right thing to do, but that got me known around the school. If I could go back and do it again I wouldn’t try to fit in. I think I would just be myself, but I wonder if I had never tried to fit in would people have been talking to me?
by Too+Fresh=Fresher

The best part of changing schools was meeting new friends. This was the best part because it showed me people’s personalities. I now talk to people I thought I would never talk to. I saw people's real personalities. I started to see how people really think about me. I learned that when you think a person is your real friend, sometimes they really aren’t.

The worst part of changing school was me trying to fit in. I used to talk back to teachers. I pretty much tried to show off in front of people.

Now a whole two years have passed, and I've changed a lot since that first day at Claremont. I taught myself that fitting in doesn’t mean acting different; just be yourself. I’m not the Rushonda M. Lincoln everyone knew. I’m more intelligent, and now I think my own mind. I’m me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i liked this story because it shows how she changed. i also like because its like your in a movie while your reading it

Anonymous said...

a rushonda this is awesome

Anonymous said...

this is great

Anonymous said...

this is coooooooooollllllllll

Anonymous said...

very interesting.i like it.i did that 2 but im still myself.U no wat im sayin