Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm from the house of the new

English Language Arts Content Standards - Curriculum Frameworks (CA Dept of Education)

by Holmie


I'm from the house of the new

the house of the old

the shop up the street

the Donuts and Ribs

Burgers and fries

I am from the sound of sirens

to the sound of nothingness

I am from the civil war to World War two

The gun of the marines

to the Navy's dress

I am from the music of the south

and the music of the west

the games of war

to the games of sports

I'm from myself and you

him and her

we look laugh play

and have fun

we sit eat talk

and mess around

we walk yell

and act a fool

1 comment:

KDW said...

THIS is writing in your own voice. I knew in one moment who it was, and yet it showed me a new side of you. Loved it. Ms. W.