Saturday, May 30, 2009

Flashback

by noname

Wow what can I say... Three years passed quickly. I’ve done a lot and made many mistakes, but the happy part about it was I made a lot of friends and had some favorite teachers like Ms. Awolana, because she was the one that made a recommendation to get to the summer program at college prep. I had some downfalls with different people because they did not like my attitude. The funny thing about it is that I had tried to change myself into someone I’m not, but I learned that I didn’t have to do that.

Through elementary and the start of middle school I was a good girl. I didn’t cuss, disrespect the teachers, or get lower than a C on my test. I thought that if I tried to juggle both being a good girl and a bad one than it would work out, but it didn’t. I started to cuss a lot and be disrespectful and I started to lie to my parents. I was going downhill because I was trying to be someone that I wasn’t.

My mom especially caught on and saw the true colors of me and she gave me the talk. I started to realize that my mom was telling the truth. I tried my hardest to stay focused and I was doing well for a while but then I started slipping and hanging with the wrong crowd again. Every time that I got my report card my citizenship grade was very low. This time my dad gave me the talk, except it was more yelling than talking. I felt really bad because I didn’t want my parents to feel ashamed of my judgment towards school.

I tried again, and this time I succeeded. I’m going to walk the stage because I have a 3.5. All this stuff that I had to go through made me realize that it’s not about who you hang with, it’s all about if you stay on top of your game and know that your parents are going to tell you the truth regardless. I felt bad that I had to start over and over just to figure out that it’s my education that I’m wasting.

The bright side is that my parents feel proud of me and I feel that I overcame many obstacles that I had to go through. I feel bad for my friends that say that they are not going to walk the stage cause they have a low G.P.A score, and I feel like, wow, that kind of used to be me but not anymore. Sometimes I want to go back to my old days but that’s not going to happen. I’m going to stay focused and do big things.

9 comments:

kevin said...

i see that you pay more attention to your work for the first year, and you wouldn't have any problems with the work niether

Anonymous said...

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND STAY FOCUSED! =]

keonnia said...

andria this is such a good essay love the title by the way

Anonymous said...

i liked the part where you learned your lesson

the j man said...

O YOUR STORY IS EDUCATOINAL AND IT FEELS LIKE U ARE COMING FROM THE HEART.

LILDADDY K said...

THIZ IZ GUD DRIA BAYBEE
KEEP ROCKIN AN CONTINUE TRYIN
YHUR BEST

Brandon said...

I see that you like school the first year and it went by fast for you.

Brandon said...

I see that you like school the first year and it went by fast for u

Brandon said...

Stay focus and you will make it to college :]