Friday, March 12, 2010

Jimmy: Part 1

by Milkman

Jimmy woke up late. It was Sunday. He yawned, and glanced at the time. 11:00. He turned over and went back to sleep.

Jimmy woke up around 12:00. He pushed his bed covers off and sat up. His sister was standing just inside the door of his room.

“Oh! I was just about to wake you up. Jerome called a bit ago. He said for you to call him back.”

Jimmy’s sister, Alex, was average height, but with a pretty face, and was generally considered good looking. Jimmy couldn’t tell what guys saw in her. To him she was just annoying and immature. When Alex got her first boyfriend, Jimmy had asked Jerome about it. He had asked Jerome, “You think my sister fine?”

“I-I-I don’t know,” Jerome had stuttered back. “Maybe a little?”

“For real?”

“You just don’t see it cause she your sis. That just don’t happen.”

And that was the end of it.

Jimmy looked at Alex now. She didn’t seem attractive at all, just weird.

“And oh! Jimmy, you owe me five dollas.”

“Say what?”

“I don’t remember! You just asked if you could borrow some money, and I gave you some. You haven’t paid me back yet.”

“Definitely not attractive!” thought Jimmy, “Just annoying.” Then out loud he grumbled, “Okay! Man leave me alone!” He dragged himself out of bed, found his wallet, and threw a crumpled five dollar bill at her.

“Happy now?”

Alex made a face, then picked the money off the floor. “Yes,” she shot back and skipped happily out of his room.

No comments: